Head In The Game facilitates weekly mental-wellbeing football sessions at multiple venues across the United Kingdom with the overarching aim of reducing male suicide.
Our service offers two types of sessions, both of which are aimed at encouraging men to open up and talk using football as a way of starting those sometimes difficult conversations.
We run weekly “drop in” sessions in Sheffield, Maidstone and Thanet.
We also run a 12 week programme with a focus on more specific mental health support again, through football. These sessions will be running at various times during 2022 in London, Ashford, Medway and Canterbury.
Aims & Objectives
- To tackle the stigma of talking openly about men’s mental health
- To promote positive physical and mental wellbeing
- To reduce the strain on frontline services (doctors, hospitals, A&E departments) by engaging with men at the earliest level of intervention
- To improve health, increase confidence and self-esteem whilst reducing social isolation
- To raise awareness and help lower the UK suicide rates in men
- To create open and welcoming atmospheres where personal issues can be raised and discussed in a safe and secure environment
- To promote diversity and inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the principles guiding how we build our delivery teams, cultivate our ambassadors and create a mental health and well-being service that’s the right fit for every person inside of it.
Head In The Game aims to give men in the local community the chance to come together and enjoy the beautiful game. The weekly sessions are free and for men between the ages of 18-55 of ANY footballing ability.
Supported by experienced football & talking therapy coaches, each drop in session has a focus on men’s mental health & wellbeing, providing an outlet in a secure and trusted environment.
Our 12 week programmes offer a more focused approach to mental health and wellbeing support.
We are a Community Interest Company (CIC), registered with and regulated by the CIC Regulator. This means that all of our operational activities are guided by a commitment to maximising our positive social impact for local people, communities and businesses.