Aims & Objectives
- To tackle the stigma of talking openly about men’s mental health
- To promote positive physical and mental wellbeing
- To reduce the strain on frontline services (doctors, hospitals, A&E departments) by engaging with men at the earliest level of intervention
- To improve health, increase confidence and self-esteem whilst reducing social isolation
- To raise awareness and help lower the UK suicide rates in men
- To create open and welcoming atmospheres where personal issues can be raised and discussed in a safe and secure environment
Head In The Game aims to give men in the local community the chance to come together and enjoy the beautiful game.The sessions are free and for men between the ages of 18-55 of ANY footballing ability.
Supported by qualified football & Talk Club coaches, each session will have a focus on men’s mental health & wellbeing, providing an outlet in a secure and trusted environment.
We are a Community Interest Company (CIC), registered with and regulated by the CIC Regulator. This means that all of our operational activities are guided by a commitment to maximising our positive social impact for local people, communities and businesses.