HITG Supporting Maidstone Lions Defibrillator Campaign

Maidstone Lions, who are funding our Maidstone drop in sessions have launched a project that they hope will result in every school in Maidstone having at least one defibrillator. A recent survey of schools in Maidstone revealed that approximately one third do not have a defibrillator. Of those that do, one third expressed a desire to have additional defibrillators as their schools are large or have a number of buildings.

It is a sad fact that every week in the UK, 12 young people under the age of 35 die from Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (SADS), many of these deaths take place in a school setting.

The use of a defibrillator significantly improves the chance of survival, in fact use of a defibrillator within one minute of a Cardiac Arrest improves the chance of survival by 90%, with the chances of survival decreasing by 10% with every minute that passes.

Research by the Club has revealed that there have been cases of SADS in Maidstone schools in the recent years, some of which were adults.

If you would like to donate to this appeal by Maidstone Lions you can do so on their GoFundMe page Defibrillators for Maidstone Schools you can also follow them on Twitter and Facebook

For further information please email welfare@maidstonelions.org.uk   

Or see their website www.maidstonelions.org.uk

Web Design SkiptonWeb Developer Skipton

Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved